Apple Muffin Recipe- A Treat to Everyone
Muffins are little sweet breakfast dish. A treat for everyone.
Get cozy in the kitchen with this easy to make perfect Apple Muffin recipe for a treat to everyone:
Prep: 10 mins to 20 mins
Bake: 25 mins to 30 mins
Total: 35 mins to 50 mins
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup ground sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk; or 1 cup plain yogurt; or 3/4 cup Greek-style yogurt + 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped apples; about 2 large apples, about 3/4 pound whole apples.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with papers and grease the insides of the papers.
- Mix together the butter, granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add the egg and blend well, stopping once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Gently mix in the buttermilk or yogurt.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, sprinkling the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar on top.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, cool them for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn them out onto a rack to finish cooling completely.
- Yield: 12 muffins.