Hyderabadi Bread Sandwich
Wondering what different can we try to cook in this hard time of lockdown during Coronavirus quarantine?
Everyone is joking around that we will have lots of MasterChef after this lockdown gets over. Hahaha! Well, it can be … It might be possible that recession will be knocking the door of every other country economy soon but yes Indian ladies can still bring a smile on everyone’s face just by their talent of cooking…different dishes as like Hyderabadi bread sandwiches.
oooo..lala… Hold On ! I didn’t mean to dishonor men of our country, they are good cooks too.. after all Sanjeev Kapoor sets an example and many more.
2 days before, I was sitting with my mother in law when we were discussing about the breakfast for next morning. We tried almost every part of fried food when she came up with the idea of this recipe. She surprised all of us with the awesome dish known as Hyderabadi Bread Sandwich. ( check the picture below)
Recipe for Hyderabadi Bread Sandwich
Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time ; 5 mins
12 Round breads
5 Boiled potatoes
Few Bread Crumbs
3.5 teaspoon Ketchup ( can also use imly chutney)
3 teaspoon Pudina Chutney
2.5 teaspoon Sev
2 Fine Chopped Onions
2 Fine Chopped Tomotoes
1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder ( Lal Mirch)
Salt ( according to taste ) ( Namak)
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder ( Dhaniya Powder)
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Chunkey Chat Masala
- Keep the oil on low flame on gas for heating.
- Meanwhile, use a round corner glass for cutting round shapes from white bread slices and do it for 12 bread slices. You can also use round bread slices available in market.
- Mash boiled potatoes and add spices in the same as mentioned above : Red Chili Powder , Salt, Dhaniya Powder, Garam Masala and Chat Masala.
- Add Bread Crumbs in the mashed potatoes and make sure to make it like a dough else it will spread in oil while frying.
- Apply oil on one side of bread and potatoes dough on other side of the bread.
- Deep fry the bread sandwich in hot oil until golden brown.
- Use a tissue paper to get rid of excess oil and keep the sandwiches in a plate keeping plain side at bottom.
- Apply Ketchup and Pudina Chutney on the top of potatoes and spread it fine.
- Spread chopped onions and tomatoes on the sandwiches.
- Spread little bit of Sev on each sandwich and serve.
- Pro Tip : Have it with Tea and enjoy.
Read More :