9 easy steps to make Kancheepuram Idli at home
Want to have something different from anything ever seen. Try this Kancheepuram Idli:
After tasting this Kancheepuram Idli you will say that it is different from all other varieties of idli you have ever tasted.
Prep Time : 45 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Recipe Category: Breakfast/dinner
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
1 teaspoon- Pepper Powder
¼ tablespoon- Asafoetida (Hing)
1 inch – Grated Ginger
¼ teaspoon- Dry Ginger Powder
1 teaspoon- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 teaspoon- Mustard Seeds
1½ teaspoon – Urad Daal
1 teaspoon- Channa Daal
½ cup – Raw Rice
½ cup- Par Boiled Rice
3/4- Green chillies (finely chopped)
1 ½ table spoon –Seasame Seed Oil
3 teaspoons- Ghee
To Taste- Salt
Few Curry Leaves
2-3 tablespoons finely chopped – Coriander leaves
- Soak rice (both raw rice and Parboiled rice) and urad dal separately for 5 hours.
- Grind urad dal until light and fluffy and separately rice to a slightly coarse paste.
- Mix both the batter together adding salt. The consistency of the batter should neither be thin nor thick.
- Leave the batter in a warm place for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Now our batter is ready. Before making idli, mix dry ginger powder and coriander leaves with the batter.
- Heat oil + ghee, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add all the ingredients one after the other.
- Add the seasoning to the batter when dal turns golden brown and mix well.
- Pour the batter in idli molds and steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney, sambar and idli podi.
If you like the post please like, share and Review.