How to Stay Calm in Stressful Situations ?
The big lie is that we have no control over our stress response. Actually, we do.
No one can escape from the stress and tensions of today’s life. But we need to learn how to stay calm in stressful situations. As a student stress arises through studies, exams, growing up issues. As an adult stress arises with job securities, future, career etc. We can not ignore stress. Some signs that indicates too much stress are : constant head movement, overthinking, picking loose skins, biting fingers, avoiding eye contact, playing with hair, sweating or calmly hands, unable to concentrate, withdrawing from people, increased eating habits, dizziness, dry mouth, breathlessness, constipation, indigestion, sleeping problems, tensions, weight loss/gain etc. We should learn the ways to cope with stress and empower ourselves.
Stress is not a disease. When we experience stress we can develop a wide assortment of physical, mental and behavioral indications some of which are specified previously.The main problem with stress is recognizing it. When we know about it, we can make a move. However stress can be stealthy, it can gradually crawl up on us without being immediately aware of it. Learning the signs and symptoms of stress can help us become more aware of the problems stress can cause in our lives.
There are some easy and fast approaches to stay calm in stressful situations:
1. Identify your stressor: When you feel overwhelmed, attempt to distinguish the things or situations that stress you. Pinpointing the reason mentally separates the worry from inside to the outside of you. By doing this basic stride the energy of the feelings to daze your reasoning will turn out to be less serious. Try writing down the things that bother you. You will be able to see what worries you and a clear picture of reasons why they worry you.
2. Remain Positive: Having a negative state of mind about the difficulties you confront is an incredible approach to snowball into feeling overwhelmed. Look at obstructions as chances to learn and intense assignments as opportunities to demonstrate the world (and particularly your supervisor) what you are made of. Be positive about your capacity to kill whatever mythical beast lies ahead.
3. Change your Perception: Our Perception to situations evokes different responses. You may get stressed due to lots of reasons. Say, if you get low marks in Maths, then it is a call to practice more problems. If you are worried about your next day performance, practice in fronts of your friends and family. Look at your challenges as a part of learning and develop yourself socially and mentally.
4. Ask for help and advice: Being hesitant to request help is a certain fire approach to feel overwhelmed. Feeling like that is sufficiently awful without making yourself feel alone also. Look at the people around you who have aptitudes and information that you don’t. As a rule, individuals are upbeat to help in any capacity they can. Having a feeling that somebody has your back is an extraordinary approach to stay calm in stressful situations.
5. Laugh around: Today many are resorting to laughing groups to give vent to their stress. Humour is a decent way to buffer bad feelings and situations. This includes the ability to laugh at yourself. Read some jokes or see a humorous web series. Try to engage yourself in fun activities. Be in the company of amusing friends.
6. Relax and Exercise Regularly: When you’re stressed, you may unconsciously tighten an d stressed your muscles, which can make you feel even more stressed and “wound up.” Find a quiet, comfortable place if you can. You can also try a quick hand massage since we often carry a lot of tension in our hands. Also, Exercises can be a reliever. Try to spend time in sports activities like football, running or swimming. Join a gym. Gym proves to be a life saver for many people during stressful situations. Get adequate sleep for it fuels your mind as well as your body. Try yoga or meditation.
7. Be realistic: If you continue to experience stress because no matter regardless of how hard you attempt you can’t make the strides rapidly enough, you likely haven’t define practical objectives. In a culture that esteems a can-do state of mind, it can be difficult to acknowledge that occasionally you can’t accomplish something, at any rate not inside a given timeframe. On the off chance that that is the situation, re-examine your course of events or lower your desires. In the event that you can’t do that, the circumstance qualifies as one which you can’t control. Gain from your experience, yet let it go.
8. Learn to forgive: Accept the fact that we live in an imperfect world and all of us make mistakes. No one is perfect. Do not encourage anger and dislikes. Free yourself from negative energy by forgiving and moving on. Learn to forgive and forget.
But the most important thing to know how to stay calm in stressful situations is to release the stress productively. It can be enticing to deal with worry in useless courses, for example, turning to alcohol or other substances, or taking it out on someone else, pet, or lifeless thing. Stay away from these tendencies and concentrate on profitable approaches to express your worry. Remember “You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.” – Pema Chödrön